Laser Therapy in Antioch, Tennessee
Is your pet suffering from: Osteoarthritis, Joint Pain, Tendinopathies, Edema, Ligament Sprains, Muscle Strains, Post-Traumatic Injury, Post-Surgical Pain, Chronic Wounds, or Neck, Back, Hip Pain? Then laser therapy may be the answer!
What is Laser Therapy and why would your Antioch veterinarian Recommend it?
- After many months of research and several hands-on demonstrations, your Antioch veterinarian decided to offer your pet the K-Laser. This laser unit is NOT a surgical laser, it is an FDA cleared laser to treat inflammation and pain. It is one of the only drug and surgery free solutions to reducing pain in your pet.
What types of therapeutic effects will occur?
- The painless application of laser energy promotes increased circulation by drawing oxygen and nutrients to the affected area. This creates an optimal healing environment reducing inflammation, swelling, muscle spasm, stiffness and pain. As the injured area returns to normal, pain is relieved and function is restored.
- During treatment, the highly trained veterinary technicians and assistants will use infrared laser light that interacts with tissues at the cellular level. Increased metabolic activity within the cell stimulates the transport of nutrients across the cell membrane initiating increased production of cellular energy (ATP). This leads to cascade of beneficial events promoting the acceleration of the healing process and reducing pain.
What to Expect
- There is no need to sedate your pet for this pain free procedure and often no restraint is required. According to humans undergoing laser therapy with the K-Laser, it is actually a very pleasant warming feeling.
- K-Laser Therapy treatments are cumulative in nature. The length and frequency of treatments varies with your pet’s condition. Even though improvements may be seen as soon as the first visit, most patients will require 3-6 treatments before seeing the greatest improvement.
- Another great benefit of your Antioch veterinarian using the K-Laser is that it only takes a few minutes per treated site! This means you and your pet can be on your way in a matter of minutes!
Does it hurt? What does the treatment feel like?
- There is little to no sensation during treatment. Occasionally the patient may feel a mild, soothing warmth or tingling. Areas of pain or inflammation may be sensitive briefly before pain reduction.
Can it be used in conjunction with other forms of treatment?
- YES! It is one of the many reasons your Antioch veterinarian believes in the K-Laser.