August News Letter
I’ve been pretty slack with my news letters. I’m sorry I missed June and July altogether. So here we are in August and I’m getting back on track. August is Adopt a Homeless Pet Month and Dogust is Universal Rescued Dogs’ ., the 5th is the start of International Assistance Dog Week, Friendship day and Work Like A Dog Day, the 17th is Black Cat Appreciation Day, the 18th is International Homeless Animals’ Day, the 22nd is Take Your Cat to the Vet Day, The 26th is National Dog Day, and the 30th is Holistic Pet Day. That it a whole bunch of things going on. This is the time for festivals and fairs, remember that your pet’s paws are tender and will burn. If it is hot and you can’t stand on the concrete or asphalt in your bare feet for an extended period of time, neither can your dog! Leave your pet at home in the cool house and save their feet and health. It is cruel to them and they can’t tell you how painful it is. Have a great August. I hope the weather cools off some.
The Ten Commandments for Pet Owners
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be very painful……
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me. It’s crucial to my well being.
4. Don’t be angry with me for long and don’t lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment. I HAVE ONLY YOU.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice when it’s speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I’LL NEVER forget it.
7. Before you hit me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your hand, but I choose not to bite you.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I’m not getting the right food, I’ve been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
9. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old.
10. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, “I can’t bear to watch.” Everything is easier for ME if you are there. Remember. I LOVE YOU.
Remember if you would like to see Dr. McCollum, he is only in 1 day a week. So the sooner you call the better the chance of seeing him within a week.
Dr, Stacy Haggard is back and working 3 days a week. If you would like to see her, please ask for her when you call and we will schedule with her.