We are a caring team working to consistently provide high quality health care to our patients and superior service to our clients.
Starting with integrity, commitment, and sound education, we will provide quality caring service with consistency and professionalism.
Our Basic Guiding Principles
* We will treat all people touched by our practice with dignity, compassion, empathy, and diplomatic honesty.
* We will use our skills to care for each patient with vigilance and tireless compassion.
* We will continually seek to improve our technical and interpersonal skills.
* We will take pride in our work and in our workplace, performing our jobs correctly, consistently, and with commitment.
* We will conduct ourselves with proper decorum and be guided by professional ethics.
* We will provide high quality veterinary care with fair fees in a manner that our clients perceive as a good value.
Priest Lake was founded by Herbert M. McCollum, DVM, in 1974.
Dr. McCollum completed his pre-veterinary college training and veterinary school at The Ohio State University, graduating in 1970. He then served two years of active duty, as a captain in the U.S. Army Veterinary Corps receiving awards including the Army Commendation Medal for his service. Moving to Nashville in 1972, he practiced as an associate veterinarian in a practice in West Nashville before founding Priest Lake Veterinary Clinic in 1974.
While developing the practice into a multi-doctor practice, he was also a founder of the Nashville Pet Emergency Clinic and served in many positions in local and state veterinary organizations.
Kathy, his wife of over 45 years, has played an integral role in the practice from the beginning.
Their legacy is seen throughout their work for the clinic and its clients.
Dr. McCollum practiced for 45 years before retiring.